Monday, September 21, 2009

"The Calvary Road" Book Review

The Book is, "The Calvary Road" by Roy Hession. I give this book 3 out of four stars.

This is a very simple book in style and premise. The Author hopes to instill a desire for revival in his reader. To be honest, I feel like I gleaned more information from the interview printed at the end. One problem I found with this book was its lack of broad scope. Hession speaks of what revival means to him without allowing for other people's take. In other words: what works for me is this..., and it should work for you too. That is simply not the case.

There are a few bright spots in the book, making it worth a read. I found chapter 5 to be great informatively. I did like the thought of being gentle like the Lamb, though I felt like Hession might have overdone the thought a little.

I particularly enjoyed the chapter on the power of the blood of the Lamb, chapter 9. I could have read an entire book on Hession's thoughts on the blood.

So, a good read - but I could have used more meat!